Junior Operations Associate
About Doris Dev:
Doris Dev is a consumer product development company. We help companies make new products and bring them to market. Our offices are based in Brooklyn (DDNY) and Hong Kong (DDHK). Doris Dev works with startups and established companies across many consumer categories including: hardware and electronics, cookware, soft-goods, and packaging. Doris Dev also incubates internal brands (such as Canopy) and grows and supports these brands to launch and beyond.
What We’re Looking For
Doris Dev is searching for a Junior Operations Associate who is an intellectually curious and detail-oriented systems thinker who likes to implement and discover efficient processes. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are willing to learn, able to adapt, willing to propose processes to give form to otherwise ambiguous situations, and excited to take on new challenges.
The Doris Dev Operations Associate will be part of the DDNY Operations team. The Operations Associate will report to the Director of Operations and maintain a dotted line to Doris Dev’s Chief Operating Officer.
The DDNY Operations team covers two functions: freight and fulfillment. Freight is the import of finished products into the United States. Fulfillment is the distribution of finished products to retail customers through our network of fulfillment centers. The Operations Associate will be responsible for tasks relating to both functions.
Day-to-day, the Operations Associate can expect to interface with stakeholders from Doris Dev’s client brands in addition to members of the Doris Dev team. These stakeholders may be members of the clients’ Operations teams, but may also be members of different teams or departments (e.g. Marketing, Brand Strategy, or Finance).
The Operations Associate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating international freight, import, and customs clearance for designated Doris Dev projects and ensuring that freight, inventory, and fulfillment timelines are met.
- Shipping goods to retail partners around the world, ensuring that any and all routing guidelines are met.
- Engaging, setting up, and overseeing work at 3PL partners for internal and external projects.
- Data entry and record keeping for the Operations team.
- Creating and overseeing internal reports to provide visibility across different operations workstreams.
- Supporting project management on Doris Dev operations projects and recurring tasks including: regular internal communication, asset updating, project planning, production oversight, cost analysis, and more.
- Supporting the Director of Operations and the Leadership team to scope potential client operations needs for new projects.
- Supporting the general operations needs of the DDNY and DDHK Product teams.
You should apply for this role if:
- You have one (1) or more years of experience in supply chain management or e-commerce operations for a consumer product brand or retail company.
- You have some familiarity with coordinating freight and customs clearance into the United States.
- You have strong analytical skills and geek out over using data to make decisions and create processes that make workstreams more efficient (Excel formulas are friends, not foes).
- You are able to work on multiple projects at once.
- You are a team player that values clear communication and building consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- You are detail-oriented and goal-driven.
- You meet deadlines consistently (you’re probably the person in your friend group pushing everyone out the door to ensure you make a dinner reservation on time).
- You are able and willing to work independently, but do not hesitate to ask for clarification when you need it.
- You are familiar with Shopify.
- You have worked with an ERP system such as Skubana, Stitch Labs, or Fishbowl.
- You have worked with a WMS system.
- You have worked with an EDI system such as SPS Commerce.
- You have shipped products to medium or large retailers.
- You have nunchuck skills (jk, jk, jk).
Because our work involves coordination with the DDHK office, there are meetings that are scheduled outside of traditional 9-5 working hours. That being said, we trust all team members to manage their schedules and to take appropriate measures to take care of themselves and their wellbeing.
Benefits and Compensation
This is a full-time position that pays $60,000 per year. Doris Dev offers the following benefits:
- Unlimited paid time off (with the expectation that you take two weeks of vacation each year)
- Paid sick days
- An employer sponsored 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible work arrangements
- You can work from home or out of our office in Brooklyn, NY (kindly note that the option to work out of the office is only available to employees who have been vaccinated against COVID-19).
- If you have a dog, they are welcome to join you in the office.
Please submit your resume and we will reach out if there is a potential fit.
At Doris Dev we are constantly refining our hiring process to be as inclusive, transparent, and respectful of applicants’ time as possible. As part of this process, you may be asked to complete a paid assessment based on the role.
Doris Dev is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We firmly believe that a diversity of experience, perspectives, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and to better results for our clients. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.