Monitoring & Evaluation Intern (Graduate Students) - Summer 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
THIS IS FULLY REMOTE/VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITY
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Star Quality Rating system is a 5-point rating system that demonstrates the quality performance of health plans in ensuring members are receiving the right care, at the right time with the right experience.
Star Ratings are critical to our business growth and stabilization in Medicare. However, Star measures, weights, and performance thresholds change regularly, and require diligent planning and preparation to ensure readiness for our organization to deliver results.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will support the development and evolution of organizational performance management framework as well as specific program M&E needs to ensure the quality, and effectiveness of program implementation.
The intern will provide assistance to the program initiative teams in developing performance monitoring plans and results frameworks during program design and implementation, providing recommendations on M&E system, processes and tools, contributing to measuring, analyzing, and reporting program results in a way that is integrated to the broader Star governance and performance-oriented operating model.
Primary responsibilities include supporting:
- Support Star Program Directors and initiative leaders in setting up systems and frameworks for program monitoring and evaluation;
- Assist with the design and development of forms and questionnaires that will help in program design and operations, including data collection and analysis relative to inputs/outputs/outcomes desired;
- Establish framework for monitoring and evaluating complex programs qualitatively and quantitatively
- Assist in applying the M&E framework to Star program portfolio review process, and to specific programs as defined by the Star Program Director (could include programming around health-related quality of life, clinical or pharmacy interventions, member satisfaction, among others)
- Assist with analysis and writing or editing to present findings to leadership.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in public health, health administration, health informatics or a related field.
- Health care consulting experience in strategy and/or operations or experience with human centered design, process improvement and systems redesign initiatives
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.