Business Process Consulting Intern - Summer 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This is a 100% remote/virtual opportunity
The Business Process Consulting Intern will be responsible for…
Primary responsibilities include:
Support of strategic initiatives to improve the end-to-end provider experience, delivering a digital-first experience that makes Anthem 'easy to do business with', establishing integrated and consistent experiences across all channels and all lines of business, enabling providers to engage with Anthem through their preferred channel and empowering associates to drive first contact resolution through robust tools and resources. This includes:
- Assist program owners to define and drive implementation of sustainable process improvements focused on the end-to-end provider experience
- Gather data from disparate organizations across the company to develop project charters, define scope, identify impacted areas & business processes, consolidate and present information needed. Will help define objectives, identify & prioritize opportunities, develop approach/schedule and process to track/monitor progress. May lead efforts to implement provider call center process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with functional areas across the enterprise including information technology, digital solutions, data insights and analytics, provider contact center, Anthem Business Excellence, finance, and human resources.
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
Learn about the end-to-end Provider experience with a payer organization and business functions/processes within the Provider journey such as:
- Assist with Provider call center programs to improve provider First Call Resolution (FCR) - enable technology and processes to respond to provider inquiries at first contact
- Lead efforts to implement improvements in provider digital self-service channels such as Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and provider chat
- Provide input and drive change management efforts
- Pursuing a degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Informatics, or other Healthcare related degrees
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.