Junior Systems Engineer
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer!
Responsible for technical planning, system design reviews, development and integration oversight, verification and validation assistance. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Must be able to support the daily maintenance, configuration, and security servers, workstations, and other network peripherals in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Must be able to support current and upcoming engineering projects as set by the Program Management staff
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate with constituents and articulately speak regarding technical engagements
- Must be able to efficiently learn and solve problems without constant oversight
- Must have an understanding of how web applications work and basic troubleshooting skills
- Must have an understanding of TCP/UDP and common ports
- Knowledge of RHEL 5/6/7
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PERL, Jscript, Unix Shell, Python, etc.)
- Security Certification (CISSP, Security+, CEH, etc.)
- Linux administration certification (RHCSA, RHSE, LFCS, or greater)
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Server 2008/2012/2012 R2/2016
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- GitHub experience
- Tenable, RSA Archer, Palo Alto XSoar, FireEye experience
- Ansible Experience
- Software engineering experience
- Familiarity with task automation
- Familiarity in remote administration (SCCM, SSLVPN, SSH, Remote Desktop)
- Primary: Silver Spring, MD; Fairmont, WV; Boulder CO
- Remote Telework Possibilities
- Occasional travel is required (less than 10%)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance (interim is acceptable) or be able to obtain clearance before starting position