Summer Associate Graduate Intern (ETO Data Privacy & Governance)
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
Selected as one of FORTUNE magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021. Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) is the world’s largest credit union with over 10.8 million members, over $149 billion in assets, over 347 branches around the world and a workforce of over 22,800. Navy Federal’s field of membership is all active duty and retired Department of Defense personnel (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Reservists), Veterans, Department of Defense contractors, and their family members. Navy Federal Headquarters is located in Vienna, VA. There are also campuses in Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA. For more information, view the links on the “About Us” page: https://www.navyfederal.org/about/about.php
The Summer Associate Graduate Intern Program is a 10+ week program beginning in June 2022 and ends in August 2022. The long-term intention for this program is to hire interns that prove their aptitude into full time roles. To qualify for an internship, applicants must be currently pursuing a graduate or PHD level degree from an accredited college or university and have an anticipated graduation date after the final day of the internship (December 2022 or later).
Join a dynamic, high-visibility team working towards making Navy Federal a digitally enabled financial institution! Enterprise Data Governance & Privacy was launched in Q2 2021 and is on a multi-year transformational journey to build and scale the Enterprise Data Governance Program at Navy Federal. We work in cross-functional teams, building partnership with our key stakeholders while ensuring NFCU data is reliable, accurate, consistent, complete, secure, available, and trusted. The summer associate would be involved in management communication and coordination around this strategic endeavor.
- Helping operationalize the Enterprise Data Governance & Privacy Office
- Participate in the development of Enterprise Data Governance processes
- Participating in and providing insight to various key technology capabilities and organizational initiatives critical to the future of the credit union
- Creating presentations/communications for the most senior level of management
- Researching and reporting back on industry trends as they relate to data governance and data management best practices and recommending strategic choices based on these considerations
- Analytical and strategic mindset, great attention to detail, and eagerness to learn about technology
- Good communication and presentation skills; ability to work independently
- Some exposure to and familiarity with change management and stakeholder management concepts
- Being comfortable with an environment and processes that are iterative and evolving
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Cover Letter (Optional)
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.