Junior Graphic Designer - Remote
Junior Graphic Designer - Remote
Team: Marketing Team
Reporting to: Senior Graphic Designer
Estimated Start: February 2022
Location: REMOTE - Anywhere, US or Canada
Work Authorization: This role is open to US or Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US or Canadian employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our North America Marketing team. They will be responsible for providing design support to the marketing team and the wider global company.
Our Junior Graphic Designer will be an on-the-rise pro at Adobe CC and have experience working with design in Google Workspace. Our ideal candidate will have excellent creative collaboration skills, 2-3 years of hands-on graphic design experience within a company, & the ability to uphold, advise-on and adhere to creative brand guidelines.
So, tell me about the company
Brainlabs is an experimentation-led agency famed for its world-class company culture. We seek to create an environment where everyone is excited to come to work and contribute to our two-fold mission:
- to change the future of digital advertising
- to build the best company to work for
For more info why not take a look at our company handbook and our employer pledge which sets out our aim to be remarkable in diversity and inclusion, team spirit, client work, career progression, and fun.
What this job is:
- Collaborative - You will work with a growing team of creatives and designers as well as collaborate with team-members across the world.
- Creative - You’ll be responsible for creating high-impact designs that bring concepts to life, enforce visual understanding, and uphold consistent composition, layout, and branding.
- Fast-paced - As a Junior designer at brainlabs you’ll produce fast, high-quality work that directly impacts the business. You’ll never be bored!
What this job isn’t:
- Creating branding from scratch - As a member of the internal marketing team you will create designs that fit within the realm of existing brand guidelines.
- Working with clients - You’ll work directly with the internal staff at Brainlabs to produce designs that support our events, new business and teams.
- Print design - Brainlabs is a digital marketing agency and the majority of our work is digital including, social graphics, websites, animation, video & 3D graphics
Give me a breakdown of what a Junior Graphic Designer at Brainlabs does:
New Business Design:
- Develop consistent, eye catching designs within Google Workspace (primarily slides) that represent a merge between our brand and the brands we want to work with.
- Collaborate with team members across the globe and bring their vision and concepts to life through design.
- Able to be organized and flexible with competing deadlines.
Conference, Content, & Social Design:
- Contribute unique creative ideas to elevate our conference brands at on-site and digital events.
- Develop thumbstopping social graphics to encourage clicks & conversions.
- Collaborate with Demand Gen team to produce attention-grabbing graphics for newsletters, blog and ad campaigns.
Brand and Website Design
- Able to work within the boundaries of the existing Brainlabs brand and maintain consistency across multiple digital platforms.
- Uphold brand guidelines with the rest of the team and advocate for adherence to guidelines and design templates.
- Educate team members, when necessary, of proper design composition, hierarchy, & brand guidelines.
Media and Motion Design
- Wield working knowledge of Adobe CC, primarily photoshop & illustrator to produce illustrations, icons, logos, ads, & digital art.
- Use experience with photography and video editing to integrate the most captivating, & impactful imagery and video into creative work.
- Assist in bringing graphics to life using gif animation and 3D design.
What we really want:
- A brand advocate who upholds the established look and feel of Brainlabs, works within design processes, and proactively brings new ideas to the table. The ideal Junior Graphic Designer, has a positive and collaborative attitude, faces design challenges with an open outlook, and can defend their design decisions.
What particular set of skills would suit this role?
- 2-3 years of hands-on design experience within a company
- Ability to uphold, advise on and adhere to creative brand guidelines
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Provide motion graphic support to design team
- Simple video editing skills to support videographer
- Excellent collaboration skills with other designers, marketers and broader team
- Desire to push boundaries of B2B marketing
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Great attention to detail
- Translate technical concepts into simple design
- Ability to provide input in creative brainstorms
- Some print design knowledge
- Knowledge of social platforms, design guidelines and best practice for each platform
- Video/photography shooting and editing skills
- 3D design skills
- Previous website experience
- Previous work in/for design agency
- Basic knowledge of html, css and Wordpress
- Knowledge of design tools within Hubspot
How will I know I'm doing it right?
You’ll be included in celebrating goals being met & see your work used across the business both internal and externally. You’ll see challenges turn into accomplishments and know you played a part in growing the business.
What happens next
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities. More specifically, our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring data indicates that we under-represent BIPOC ethnic groups, so we actively encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
When you apply to work at Brainlabs, we may use your application data to make employment decisions, but your data will not be distributed or used elsewhere unless you are hired as an employee. All applications ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal data. However, you have the right to withdraw your information at any point by reaching out to email@example.com.