At Monrovia we are dedicated to creating a more beautiful world by selecting and growing plants of superior quality. We know that creating a beautiful garden or landscape is about connecting to the beauty of nature. We use our hearts, minds, and hands to nurture plants for all types of landscapes. Our passion for plants, use of natural processes, and our years of experience result in plants that enable consumers to achieve a landscape of exceptional beauty and share in the joy that comes from creating healthy living spaces.
About the Role
If you have a knowledge of Marketing, a passion for plants, and an interest in learning, then we would love for you to join our team. We are seeking a Marketing Intern to help us in all areas of Marketing including creative production, digital marketing, social media, and our photo database for about 20 hours per week during a 3-month internship.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll work with other members of the Marketing team as we work to promote Monrovia’s beautiful plants and the benefits of buying Monrovia.
- You’ll multi-task across simultaneous projects and deadlines, collaborating with project managers and business stakeholders.
- You’ll provide administrative support on tasks like agenda distribution, notetaking, and scheduling meetings.
- You’ll respond to photo requests from customers and the media.
- You’ll distribute marketing materials as necessary responding to requests in a timely manner.
- You’ll assist with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) projects and keyword research.
- You’ll support the Social Media Manager by creating graphics, preparing reports, and researching answers to consumer questions.
- You’ll support the Content Marketing Manager with email list maintenance, segmentation, research, and the compiling of plant lists.
Who You Are
- Ideally, you’ll have a college degree or are working toward a degree in Marketing, Horticulture, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- You have at least one year’s work experience.
- You are excited to learn and curious.
- You are proficient in Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
- You are skilled in social media tactics and analytics.
- You have knowledge and interest in plants and gardening.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are open to feedback.
- You are creative, flexible, detail oriented, and have a mastery of multitasking.
- You are a self-starter who is able to work independently and remotely.
- You can work at least 20 hours per week for at least three months, February through May.
- You’re able to lift up to 15 pounds and can perform repetitive movements like using hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear; use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and are able to adjust focus, all with or without a reasonable accommodation.
How to Apply
- Apply on-line.
Benefits at Monrovia
- As an Intern, you’ll be paid $15.00 per hour.
- At Monrovia, we not only grow the most beautiful plants – we also grow careers. Come grow with us.