Business Support Assistant & Loan Servicing Specialist Intern
The Summer Internship Program is a vital piece of BECU’s hiring philosophy and strategy. Interns are assigned a mentor in the department in which they will be working. The intern will work closely with their mentor throughout the duration of the internship. The opportunity is more than “sit back and observe”, our interns are integrated into daily duties of their respective departments, attend various meetings, and assist on departmental projects as assigned. BECU interns bring a welcome perspective to our organization. An internship at BECU empowers you to confidently move forward in your career path, having a valued voice in our organization.
This role is remote eligible from WA, OR or ID.
- Learn business sales strategies and how to train staff to look for these opportunities
- Learn about WBT training and how to work with business partners to create and deploy content
- Assist with Scored lending volume during Business Visa campaign
- Learn functions of the Sr Sales Assistant position and Business Services Loan Servicing Specialist (scored lending)
- Engagement with peers, Sr. Leaders, and Executive Leaders through meetings and project work
- Presentations to inside clients and outside candidates
- Business, Finance, Accounting, Ops Management or Systems Management degrees preferred, others may be considered
- Business experience would be helpful. Any type of L&D coursework. Presentation skills are helpful too. Ability to create PowerPoint or collate information in a way that is easily understood.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7+ required
- Proven leadership skills either on or off campus preferred
- Community involvement/volunteerism preferred
- Participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Able to commit to a 12-week program throughout summer
- Comprehensive Excel skill preferred
- Strong written communication skills preferred
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.