Business Intelligence Developer Intern
The Summer Internship Program is a vital piece of BECU’s hiring philosophy and strategy. Interns are assigned a mentor in the department in which they will be working. The intern will work closely with their mentor throughout the duration of the internship. The opportunity is more than “sit back and observe”, our interns are integrated into daily duties of their respective departments, attend various meetings, and assist on departmental projects as assigned. BECU interns bring a welcome perspective to our organization. An internship at BECU empowers you to confidently move forward in your career path, having a valued voice in our organization.
This role is remote eligible from WA, OR, ID, TX, and GA.
The intern will spend approximately two weeks working side by side with select members of the Fraud Governance and Fraud Operations teams to learn about their roles, better understand BECU’s fraud landscape and threats, and learn about BECU’s analytic tools and fraud data environment.
After this two-week immersion, the intern will work for the remainder of the internship in a dynamic fraud analytics environment under the supervision of the Manager of Enterprise Fraud Modeling and Analytics. They will develop data pipelines, quantitative modeling, visualizations and other analytical solutions to improve fraud mitigation strategies in various business areas, such as lending, deposit account risk, new member origination and transactional fraud. The Business Intelligence Developer Intern will work on analytical projects from end-to-end; offering a tremendous opportunity to put into practice and develop a dynamic set of technical and business skills. Learn from domain experts while making a large impact towards protecting BECU's members from fraud.
- Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Operations Research, Economics, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a similar quantitative field degree preferred, others may be considered
- Proficiency in SQL is a must
- Statistics, Computer Science, coursework in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, experience with R, Python, SAS, Azure ML Studio, or DataBricks a plus
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7+ required
- Proven leadership skills either on or off campus preferred
- Community involvement/volunteerism preferred
- Participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Able to commit to a 12-week program throughout summer
- Comprehensive Excel skill preferred
- Strong written communication skills preferred
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.