Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is searching for a Tax Intern to join our Accounting team for our Summer 2022 Internship Program. Apply your knowledge of accounting and tax to real-world corporate environment. Gain exposure in corporate income tax, property tax, sales & use tax, and other indirect taxes. Our company is dedicated to providing you with valuable learning opportunities.
- Assist with income tax provision prep and review
- Undertake a sales tax product analysis project
- Update tax basis depreciation schedules
- Prepare Ohio Commercial Activity Tax return
- Review multi-state sales tax returns
- Prepare month-end accruals for tax accounts
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Accounting major with interest in taxation
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel