JR Software Developer (Remote)
Overview: Why Consider JAGGAER?
JAGGAER is a proven industry leader of comprehensive sourcing & procurement solutions. Our SaaS-based, source-to-settle solution provides unparalleled visibility, insights and recommendations to procurement leaders and suppliers. The result is a fluid supply chain driven by powerful spend analysis, comprehensive contract management and efficient accounts payable solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: *
We are seeking a Jr. Developer to join one of our Product Development Teams. Our Product Development Teams use agile software development principles to build great products that serve the needs of our customer base– gathering and reviewing user requirements, database and application design, coding, testing, maintenance, internal and external customer training and product rollout.
The developers on the team contribute primarily through programming expertise, but are expected to be an integral part of all team activities. Additionally, developers are expected to work with other Product Development Teams to ensure continuity of architecture and design.
As a Junior Developer, we expect you will learn about JAGGAER’s business, our customers and our technology. You will have access to more experienced developers who are willing to share the lessons that they have learned and are interested in your fresh perspectives on all manner of things (technical and otherwise). You will start building production ready software right away.
Principal Responsibilities: Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in user story creation and sprint planning activities.
- Design, code, test and debug software during our agile, sprint based releases using documented user stories and close team communication as a guide.
- Use “good coding hygiene” (e. g., solid unit testing practices, object oriented design, responsible refactoring, etc.) to ensure that you are building good quality software.
- Define and implement technical direction for your team’s projects.
- Lead the team toward crafting new user experiences that exceed customer expectations
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Contribute to our library of development components and frameworks.
- Participate in usability studies with our customers.
- Troubleshoot and maintain production code (but you will appreciate the Production Support Development team for handling the day to day fires that pop up).
Position Requirements: What You Will Bring:
- 1+ years of experience developing software is desired.
- Knowledge of XML, JSON and other web programming technologies preferred.
- Experience with object orientated programming.
- Knowledge of relational databases, database design and SQL.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION:
- Proficient in JAVA concepts and loves to solve challenging problems through Development
- Willing to collaborate with others on a Development team to solve problems
- Open Minded and willing to work on new Feature Development while also correcting defects with legacy code
- Understands the core components of Agile and follows the Agile Development process
- Contributes independently with little need for supervision
- Contributes new insights and suggestions to help improve our Quality, Code, and Process
- Enjoys great satisfaction gained from helping to build world-class software
WHAT WE OFFER:
We strive to support our Rockstar’s & their families. Your health & wellbeing are important. JAGGAER offers a variety of programs to help you manage your overall wellness and be your best self.
At JAGGAER you’ll find great medical plans, adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacation days for exempt employees and much more!
Our values are at the core of who we are at JAGGAER. You will see these values entrenched in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the culture we’ve created.
Passion: Our team is passionate about the work we do and the impact we’re making.
Humility: We respect and learn from our teammates in pursuit of the larger company mission – to simplify procurement with a relentless customer focus.
Empathy: We constantly seek to understand the perspectives of teammates, customers, partners, and other members of our community.
Transparency: We’re clear about our plans, processes, and goals so nothing comes as a surprise.
Accountability: We measure ourselves against the expectations of our customers and stakeholders, as well as our community at large.
JAGGAER is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
JAGGAER is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Job Type: Full-time