Global Learning and Performance Intern
About our group:
Seagate’s Global Learning and Performance team is hiring a remote intern for the Summer of 2022!
We need someone with the talent and passion to assist with designing effective, engaging digital learning and development experiences that delight employees and achieve measurable learning outcomes. The desired candidate will be responsible for supporting and maintaining our visual language through a variety of production, as well as creation of materials. They will need to be detail oriented, innovative, and imaginative with design, customer service, communication, and project management skills.
Success in this role requires a blend of creativity, flexibility, analysis and customer focus. You’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced, high tech global manufacturing company where everyone shares and creates content. You’ll be passionate about professional development and excited to join a team that is transforming itself to enable a continuous learning environment at Seagate.
About the role - you will:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) within the business to develop Seagate-specific digital content.
- Keep current on new learning approaches, technologies and tools through research and networking to ensure our solutions are innovative.
- Use instructional design and learning experience design systematic processes to design and develop engaging learner experiences.
- Coordinate with our learning administrators to manage learner enrollments and records in the LMS.
- Use Seagate’s existing learning and collaboration tools and platforms to design learner user interfaces that are simple, intuitive and engaging.
- Help make our great content more accessible through short videos, podcasts, animations, etc.
- Regularly run Degree Assistance reports and work with vendor on employee appeals.
- Participate in system training for updates and scheduled releases.
- Update learning and performance system help files as needed
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
- Should be currently in BA/BS or MS program pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Education, Marketing or Graphic/Visual Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be enrolled in school fall of 2022 and be available to start May/June for summer internship.
- Strong conceptual skills, a meticulous eye for detail, and the ability to take a project from inception to completion.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams in a collaborative, teamwork environment.
- Ability to take creative direction and go through iterative rounds of revisions to deliver best work.
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
Your experience includes:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Cloud, CSS, HTML knowledge preferred.
- MS Office Suite skills required.
- Familiarity with Learning Management System functionality
- Superior writing skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in writing to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with HR professionals and internal stakeholders resulting in innovative and engaging learning experiences
Location: Remote United States #LI-Remote