Education Services Intern
Want a leg up in preparation for the "real world" and work on impactful projects? If so, we have some pretty exciting news for you!
Here's your chance to be an Education Services Intern at HCSS, 14x winner of the "Best Company to Work for in Texas!" Being a software company in the construction realm, we're constantly innovating and playing with the latest tools.
Here's what we're looking for:
- You're currently enrolled in a local accredited college/university (preference to be local in Houston, TX).
- A huge plus if you're able to work year-round (2+ semesters) with us for Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 (depending on your performance). Preferably, you are a junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
- You must be detail-oriented, self-driven and can pick up things quickly. Asking the right questions is a fast way of learning things.
- A collaborative, people-oriented person who consistently shares ideas. Teamwork makes the dream work!
- You use design principles to make content graphically appealing and easy to learn.
- We love helping people out, so having strong customer service skills is a plus!
- You love technology and have strong technical skills.
- Video editing experience is a huge plus!
Some tasks that you'll tackle:
- Coordinate all of our instructor-led trainings that we have at the HCSS HQ
- Create virtual and in-person events in our event management software
- Communicate regularly with our customers via email and/or phone when they need assistance
- Putting finishing touches on video products for visual appeal
- Assist the Education Services team with other special projects and get exposure to learning about our products and solutions
- Administer our learning management system for internal and external customers
Here's what to expect:
- We'll work around your school schedule. For major school breaks like the summer break, you can work full-time (up to 40 hours a week). During the Fall & Spring semesters, you can work up to 25 hours a week.
- Training and mentoring will be provided and you'll receive feedback on your performance regularly.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation (either in the same department or another).
After you apply, please give us a couple days to review your application. If you pass our resume screening, we will send you a link to an 8th-grade level math logic assessment. Most people finish around 20 minutes or less. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox. You can take a practice test as many times as you want on our website here. Once you successfully pass the test, you will be scheduled for the next steps.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we're not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
HCSS is proud to offer a friendly and accommodating workplace with extended flexibility for our people. At this time, we are supportive of in-office, hybrid and remote work options as appropriate and approved by leadership specific to your role.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship