Industrial Engineer Intern-Summer 2022
At Diagraph, we pride ourselves on offering our customers world-class solutions to meet their challenging product identification needs. As a leading manufacturer and distributor of inkjet coders, automated labeling systems, thermal transfer inkjet coders, and laser coders, Diagraph engineers and builds products to help manufacturers get products identified with manufacturing codes – such as lot codes, date codes, batch codes, barcodes – and out the door quickly and efficiently.
If you are a results driven, innovative and customer oriented person, Diagraph is the company for you!
Diagraph internships/Co-Ops provide students with valuable exposure to our industry and leaders. Our program provides candidates working toward their bachelor’s in industrial engineering or a similar field. The Industrial Engineer Intern will be responsible for understanding, analyzing, and documenting current processes and making recommendations for improvements. This will be focused on the manufacturing of parts/equipment in and improvement of product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with operations, quality, and engineering departments to understand equipment.
- Analyze and document current processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Make recommendations for developing new processes if necessary.
- Working closely with the Process and Manufacturing Engineers, assist in creating basic work instructions.
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
Education: Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
- This position will be on site at our St. Charles, Missouri facility, remote work not available.
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Effective written and verbal communication
- SolidWorks experience a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW Marking & Coding does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.