Insights and Growth Director
About us: Highwire Public Relations is a modern communications agency designed for disruptive companies. As the top-ranked independent tech and healthcare PR firm, we represent some of the biggest brands in cloud, enterprise, security, fintech, healthcare, and consumer. We are nimble, creative and committed to growth and inclusivity for all our team members.
At Highwire, we believe that storytelling fuels transformation. And the most impactful stories represent all voices and perspectives. As a values-driven agency, we foster an inclusive environment, where everyone—regardless of age, race/ethnicity, size, shape, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and different abilities–can feel safe, celebrated and worthy.
We ensure every Highwire Walker has unique support to climb to success. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging is permanent and foundational to our business and culture. We aspire to change our industry and build a better future for all.
To support us during an exceptional time of growth, Highwire PR is looking for a tenacious and organized leader to join our team and shape the future of our insight and strategy development. This person will play a central role in leading our new business responses, working with practice groups to find new ways to solve future client challenges.
With an insatiable curiosity, you are on an endless quest to find truths from which great strategy can be built. You see clarity where others see fog. The insights you uncover will help demonstrate why Highwire is the best choice, turning today’s new business pitches into tomorrow’s clients.
This role is central to Highwire’s continued success and growth. In partnership with a junior team member, you will be responsible for driving research and insights, supporting new business and leading our agency marketing. We believe that better insights will help us create better work and continue to attract the best people and the best clients.
Insight and Strategy
- Design and manage quantitative and qualitative research to better understand audience behaviors, habits and attitudes
- Work with practice leads across Enterprise, Security, Healthcare, Commerce and Consumer to identify unique insights that enable fresh creative platforms and award-worthy strategies
- Lead and participate in brainstorm sessions in support of new business responses
- Where required, participate in new business pitches to present findings and insights
- Work with each practice group to identify and catalog research, reports and findings which can inform programs and new business pitches
- Make recommendations and help inform the agency’s point of view on measurement; provide input on measurement programs where client budget allows
New Business Support
- Oversee routing of daily inbound inquiries from prospects; monitor qualification process and work with practice leads to move opportunities forward
- Lead business development calls and meetings on agency-wide business development initiatives
- Share and customize agency capabilities and case studies with prospects
- Support our response to new business opportunities, coordinating pitch teams, leading research and insights and helping to devise strategy
- Oversee and manage our Hubspot presence; work with the new business intern to ensure data is updated; generate reports and conduct deep dives with practice leads
- Develop and implement a system for organizing and updating business development content; Identify ways to save time and improve efficiency in our process
- Lead our agency marketing program, working with the broader team to increase awareness by driving agency thought leadership, agency PR and our content marketing program
- Own and manage our customer marketing program; work with practice leads to develop case studies for our best work, publish case studies to our website and work with the agency PR team to get our very best work and clients covered in industry publications
- Contribute to our agency awards committee to ensure we have a comprehensive yet targeted awards program that is in alignment with our overall marketing program and goals
- Work with our digital team to develop and execute an agency content and social program aligned with our overall marketing program and goals
- 5-8 years of relevant experience at a public relations, marketing or professional services company in the advertising, consulting or research fields (internships count)
- Background and/or expertise in research, including exposure to consumer insights, media and social media research
- Experience leading insights and planning programs and conducting audience and competitive research
- Experience managing projects under tight deadlines, adapting those timelines to change and communicating effectively to drive projects forward
- Ability to manage-up to senior leaders, be solutions-oriented, proactive and anticipate needs
- Attention to detail and strong ability to streamline processes and organize information
- Effective time management skills.“Can-do” attitude and relentless drive for excellence
- Strong research, written and verbal communications skills
- Comfort working with remote teams
- Experience recruiting, coaching and developing team members.
- Technical aptitude for learning new software and conducting both quantitative and qualitative research analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with HubSpot or a similar CRM tool a plus
- An interest in working in-house at a public relations firm
- Proactively set up quarterly goals with principal; track against goals and demonstrate growth
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals.
- Drive projects forward independently, eliminating the need for managers to consistent check in re: follow through/ task completion. Identify areas for self-improvement and bring suggestions and solutions to management.
- Consistently hit deadlines or give enough notice if you won’t.
- Attends regular networking events.
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Hybrid work model to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Excellent vacation policy including extended break for summer and winter holiday
- Highwire offices close at 3pm every Friday
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefit
- Home office equipment stipend
- Curiosity Stipend of $100 annually for books, exhibitions, etc.
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefit
- Calm Meditation App
- Donation Match
- Full-time writing Coach
- Monthly recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus
- New business referral bonus
- Quarterly Highwire fun events – Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday
- Dog friendly work environment
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for learning and growth