Junior Trade Policy Analyst (part-time)
The Global Trade Alert (GTA) is a policy-oriented and research initiative, which to date has gathered over 42’000 concise reports on trade-related state acts from more than 100 countries worldwide. Our comprehensive and timely reporting has made the GTA a prominent source for firms, industry associations, journalists, researchers, international organisations and governments.
Over the years the GTA has collaborated with international organisations including the World Bank, the OECD and the WTO in its efforts to promote transparency of government trade and industrial policy. The GTA is an initiative under the St. Gallen Endowment for Prosperity through Trade.
About the role
The GTA’s monitoring section is seeking a part-time Junior Trade Policy Analyst (minimum 12 hours, per week ideally spread over three days) to monitor recent developments affecting international commerce in certain countries around the world. The position is remote with an expected start date between June and July 2022.
Your responsibilities include:
- Monitoring trade and industrial policy interventions implemented by a number of countries around the world
- Producing a concise description of each relevant policy change for publication in the GTA database
- Coordinating efforts with other team members to ensure comprehensive coverage
- Supporting technical or research-related projects upon request
- You are familiar and interested in trade and industrial policy with some knowledge of the legislative framework in Europe, East Asia, Latin America, or the MENA region. Internships or other work experience related to this role is desirable
- You have completed at least 2 years of university studies in a relevant social science field
- You are proficient in English and one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and/or Portuguese
- You have excellent communication, reporting and drafting skills in English
- You are able to independently organise your work from a remote location
To start the application process, please submit your application online here. For technical reasons we are unable to hire persons located in the United States. Issues accessing the form or questions regarding the position can be forwarded to Ms Sancho by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is 12 May 2022, CET.
Do not forget to mention that you found this job ad on the EURACTIV Jobsite!