Accounting and Finance Summer Intern
Genesys is looking for energetic and motivated students to join our CAO team this summer as CAO Interns!
The CAO Internship Program will provide a unique opportunity for students to gain real-world experience in the dynamic industry of Technology. We have set out to hire the most innovative and passionate interns in the areas of Accounting, Revenue, Procurement, Shared Services, Finance Operations and Real Estate who are eager to learn about our business and willing to apply what they have learned in university to share new techniques and ways of thinking.
In return, we’ll provide on-the-job and specialized training to help you hit the ground running and allow you to actively participate in strategic business initiatives. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences, while applying knowledge and skills you’ve acquired, in a business environment. You’ll also have the opportunity to step away from work-life to have some fun through employee engagement activities, hear directly from Sr. Leaders about their unique career journeys and experiences through fireside chats and 1:1 meetings and explore how we are Better Together through positive footprints in our industry and communities where we live and work.
Our Intern positions are 12- weeks of career engagement starting in May/June 2022.
What you get to do every day:
As a CAO intern, you will join a dynamic organization and will be responsible for a variety of projects or series of process improvements in one or more of the following areas:
- Global Revenue: Owns the orgs, Revenue Accounting Operations and Revenue Transformation initiatives
- Global Processes (Shared Services): Leads the company’s financial operations including Order Management, Credit Risk Management, Collections, Cash Applications, Accounts Payable and Travel & Expense Reporting
- Global Controllership: Responsible for all accounting activities in support of the preparation of the company’s financial statements
- Procurement: Responsible for strategic sourcing, selection and contract execution with a goal to achieve the best value, and all aspects of vendor management
- Finance Operations and Data Governance: Engages in continuous process excellence, leads internal control guidelines, drives initiatives to streamline financial process improvements, and helps to drive data efficiencies across the org
- Real Estate: Engages with our global workforce, manages our real estate footprint, implements health & safety protocols, and supports the Future of Work to safely operate in a post COVID world
What you bring to the role:
- You are a current Junior or rising Senior pursuing a degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting, with relevant coursework completed
- You have a strong analytical and computer skills background, specifically with Microsoft Suite
- You are excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- You have advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- You have demonstrated success in meeting goals and objectives
• You are a respectful team player • Goal-oriented, intellectually curious, and inquisitive • Strong time management and planning skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
See more Genesys benefits information at https://mygenesysbenefits.com/
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time.
As our Covid-19 task force and internal teams plan to reopen our global offices, the policies and procedures will continue to be updated.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you or someone you know may complete the Reasonable Accommodations Form for assistance. Please use the Candidate field in the dropdown menu to ensure a timely response.
This form is designed to assist job seekers who seek reasonable accommodation for the application process. Submissions entered for non-accommodation-related issues, such as following up on an application or submitting a resume, may not receive a response.
Every year, Genesys® orchestrates more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in more than 100 countries. Through the power of our cloud, digital and AI technologies, organizations can realize Experience as a Service℠, our vision for empathetic customer experiences at scale. With Genesys, organizations have the power to deliver proactive, predictive, and hyper personalized experiences to deepen their customer connection across every marketing, sales, and service moment on any channel, while also improving employee productivity and engagement. By transforming back-office technology to a modern revenue velocity engine Genesys enables true intimacy at scale to foster customer trust and loyalty. Visit www.genesys.com
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Please note that recruiters will never ask for sensitive personal or financial information during the application phase.