Intern, Product Management
Company Overview: Iridium is an award-winning and innovative satellite communications company with bragging rights to the only network that offers voice and data connectivity anywhere in the world. For over 20 years, Iridium’s unique network and services have supported critical communications needs for individuals, businesses, and the evolving Internet of Things.
At Iridium, we understand the importance of staying connected and the limitations of traditional communications networks. People across the globe, including first responders, humanitarians, global militaries, scientific researchers, and lone workers, as well as ships, aircraft and remote operations all rely on Iridium to stay connected. We take our responsibility for providing these essential communications very seriously and pride ourselves on offering a reliable lifeline when needed. Likewise, Iridium is committed to providing an exciting and innovative workplace, where employees are challenged to think outside the box and collaborate on new, bold ideas and solutions. Our talented teams are passionate about their work and the impact our company makes around the world. Iridium fosters an empowering and inclusive culture that allows employees to genuinely be their best selves. We are looking for others who want to join this truly unique company that celebrates our employees and provides the opportunity to truly make a difference in the world.
Position Summary, Job Requirements & Responsibilities: The Iridium Internship Program is an opportunity for students to be a part of the Iridium teams shaping the future of satellite communications. As an Intern, you’ll begin making an impact on real projects from day one! Come prepared to grow, develop, and learn alongside a team and the leaders of our company. The Iridium Internship program is a 12-week program that runs from May 23, 2022 to August 12, 2022. During the program, interns will have the opportunity to provide valuable support to an Iridium department on a project or important work assignment. Interns will also be provided an opportunity to engage with senior leadership and fellow interns via regular engagement activities. Interns will participate in an end of internship presentation, where we ask them to reflect on their summer internships and present a summary of what they have learned and accomplished.
The Intern, Product Management will perform various tasks associated with the creation of new products and services within Iridium, including experience in many of aspects of product development and management. They will come away with a much deeper understanding of what it takes to create products and services "in the real world."
What You’ll Do: *
- Assist with collecting and developing requirements, defining, and managing trial activity, evaluating, and participating in go-to-market strategic plans
- Perform Industry and product research and analysis and present your summarized findings and implications
- Support Senior Product Managers as they work with the engineer teams and customers. Your experience and aptitude will help define the activities you receive
Skills You’ll Obtain:
- Real-world experience in chosen field of interest and related topics through multiple hands-on projects
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Working in and contributing to a team environment
- Organization and time management
- Development of Marketing collateral and user facing documentation (e.g., slick sheets, web page content, PPT slides, etc.) in conjunction with other product management professionals and Marketing
- Knowledge of and experience in key evaluation methods for new products and services during the development and testing phase (e.g., alpha and beta trial execution, active testing of new capabilities, involvement in test campaigns ongoing with IV&V)
- Understanding of how products and services are conceptualized and evolve into real, usable functionality
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with team members
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with experience in MS Word, PPT and Excel
- Ability to work in virtual and in-person environments
- Knowledge of or interest in telecommunications, systems development, and/or product management methodology
Experience & Education Requirements / EEO: Things You Must* Bring to the Table: *
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelors or graduate degree program at an accredited academic institution in a Marketing/Business Management or Engineering or IT Management track - rising Junior or Senior
- Must be able to work remotely and in-person from the Tysons Corner/HQ office
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Iridium requires all employees/new hires, including Interns, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Iridium is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Location: 1750 Tysons Blvd.,Suite 1400, McLean, VA 22102
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary