Service Desk Internship
Working with the XPERTECHS Team:
You should have proven problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and with a team to meet aggressive timelines. Successful applicants are able to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. We are looking for applicants who take pride in the quality of their work and who share our commitment to honesty, integrity, and personal accountability. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technical personnel, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. A sense of urgency for task completion and for client experience are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide frontline support for both hardware and Business application support (Microsoft Office, software issues via telephone or remote Outlook etc…) assistance in a timely manner
- Monitor Service Desk queues for tickets assigned and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local computer device
- Utilize and maintain the Service Desk PSA and RMM
- Perform root cause analysis for end user problems
- Create Technical Documentation
- Escalating technical support issues internally and externally with manufacturers (Microsoft, Dell)
- Evaluate documented resolutions and help contribute to the resolutions library. Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users
- Build, configure, image and deploy end-user tablets, laptops, and Windows OS devices.
- Provide a consistent level of professional and considerate support to clients in an effort to develop and maintain relationships of trust and open communication
- Submit regular time sheet entries
- Assist in on-site and deskside support as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: This position is intended for rising college/technical school Seniors in college (Juniors are welcome to apply).
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Service Desk Technician must have a strong aptitude in OS repairs, Spyware and Virus removal, Hardware, Software, upgrades and troubleshooting. Must also have the ability to read computer instruction manuals, utilize Google Search and comprehend directions therein in order to remedy minor computer equipment malfunctions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to communicate with and present information to others and access information using a computer for several hours at a time. Interns must have mobility throughout the office.
- Emotional Demands: The intern must be emotionally mature and be able to handle difficult and complex client and work-related situations. Candidates must possess strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. They must be self-driven and possess a positive mental attitude.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Service Desk Intern creates commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others’ strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and shares resources.
- Intellectual Demands: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. Candidates must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. They must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. They must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, vendors, employees, and the general public.
Intern must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with other co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking to others; and (c) respond appropriately to constructive criticism from a supervisor.