Product Management Intern, Listener Experience
At TuneIn, we are reinventing radio for a connected world, with live sports, up-to-the-minute news, curated music, millions of podcasts, and over 120,000 streaming radio stations—streamed to tens of millions of customers through our mobile and web apps, and our unmatched platform of hundreds of consumer device and service integrations. From smartphone to smart speaker to electric car, TuneIn delivers live and on-demand audio from voices you trust wherever you want to listen.
As a Product Management Intern for Listener Experience, you will own setting a product vision for a key part of the TuneIn website and mobile apps, such as:
- Search: a core discovery feature that helps connect TuneIn’s tens of millions of monthly users with the content they care about most. Set a big vision for what search at TuneIn can become, as well as lay out tactical near-term steps to improve listener and business outcomes.
- New-user onboarding: help TuneIn listeners (1) understand TuneIn’s content and feature set; (2) tailor their experience, including improving the relevance of content recommendations; (3) whatever your vision leads us to!
- Playback controls: set a vision for the next generation of playback controls for all listening experiences, for both live (radio) and on-demand content (podcasts). Playback controls are at the core of TuneIn’s feature set, so your work will impact tens of millions of monthly listeners.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Product Management for Listener Experience, within the Product and Design org, under TuneIn’s Chief Product Officer. The team is US-based and operates remote-first, and will gather (safety permitting) in person 1-2 times during the internship period in our SF, LA, or NY office for a team offsite.
In this role, you will work closely with Product, Design, Research, Program Management, Engineering, Data Science and Analytics, Customer Support, and Marketing functions.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in all Product team meetings during your internship; learn from Product and Design colleagues
- Own an end-to-end Product exploration during your internship
- Conduct user research
- Gather requirements from stakeholders
- Benchmark against comparable experiences
- Work with engineering to understand technical constraints and capabilities
- Work with design and research to create and test a prototype
- Work with data science & analytics to establish success metrics
- Work with marketing to establish a go-to-market plan
- Write a feature roadmap
- Share your work to the company at an end-of-internship presentation
What We Are Looking For:
- Students who are entering their junior or senior undergraduate year
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Interest in problem-solving, complexity, and big thinking
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
TuneIn, the world’s leading live streaming service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts, and radio from around the globe. With more than 80 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers get exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNN, Fox News Radio, MSNBC, CNBC, and Bloomberg, as well as live NFL, NHL, and college sports programming, and commercial-free music channels. For more information, please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
We Grow Our Team Utilizing Transparency and Trust
TuneIn is hiring for many amazing opportunities! We are always thrilled when people apply to our opportunities. Often, we reach out directly to candidates. TuneIn's Recruitment engagement means you'll get an email from the tunein.com domain. We do not use any other domains to conduct recruitment efforts. A member of our People Team will speak with you or will meet with you and we never use the Wire app to conduct interviews. We will also never send you messages asking you for personal or financial information. Use caution when the identity of someone contacting you cannot be linked directly to the tunein.com domain. If you've been the victim of a scam, report it to your local law enforcement. If you feel targeted by a fraudster or someone impersonating a TuneIn team member on LinkedIn, please contact LinkedIn directly here, or send us an email at email@example.com.