Intern, Quantitative Analyst
The goal of our Quantitative Analyst internship program is to expose talented individuals to the projects and environment associated with full-time work in quantitative analysis and strategy development at O’Neil Global Advisors. Interns interact with various quantitative professionals and gain valuable work experience while demonstrating their skills on a variety of real-world projects. Working closely with quantitative analysts, data scientists, software engineers and other senior staff as mentors, interns can expect an inclusive environment conducive to learning.
Successful interns will come from top math, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, and other technical and quantitative programs. Outstanding performance as an intern often results in an offer of full-time employment upon graduation.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
For Quant Analyst interns, projects might include research on equity markets around the world, analysis of various cross sectional and event-based factors, creating forecasting models, and developing techniques and code to improve our trading strategies.
Here is a breakdown of how Interns spend their time:
- Factor Research – 60%
- Documentation and presentation of Factor Research results - 20%
- Study of academic articles and prior studies – 10%
- Planning – 10%
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
Required Education, Experience, Certification/Licensure
- Progress toward a Masters degree in math, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, or other technical or quantitative degree.
- Coding experience in Python and familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks or Jupyter Labs is essential
- Demonstrated analytical, mathematical, statistical acumen
Preferred Education, Experience, Certification/Licensure
- Rising junior or senior with exposure to upper level finance, capital markets, or marketing courses
- Familiarity with both fundamental and quantitative equity investing.
- Previous experience in asset management or financial services would be advantageous
- CFA, CIPM, or CAIA certifications is a plus
Working Conditions: The program supports remote, in-person, and hybrid internships that mirror our current working model. Regardless of location, interns will have the opportunity to interact remotely and in-person with our teams in United States, India, and China. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in company wide events that require some travel within the United States. While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to sit and use hands to type. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.