Supply Chain Internship - TIMET Remote
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Supply Chain Internship role offers great exposure to learn in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a global footprint. The role will help develop business partnering skills and will deepen your understanding of supply chain operations and business processes.
- Manage process improvement projects
- Preparation of quote packages and place purchase orders
- Assist in pulling and analyzing data to assist in decision making
- Work to automate and improve purchasing transaction
- Document and improve standard purchasing processes
- Automate and a help implement key department KPI's
- Assist purchasing team daily tasks
- Current Juniors or Seniors enrolled in an accredited institution of learning pursuing a Bachelor's degree or pursuing a Master's degree with Business or Supply Chain emphasis
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Work independently without day-to-day direction
- Desire to learn diverse Purchasing & Supply Chain skills in a corporate environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player
- Ability to support multiple work assignments with strong time management
- Understanding of basic business and supply chain concepts
- Minimum GPA of 3.0