Marketing & Communications Internship
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Work with a small team to help grow an all-natural meats brand in major retailers across the country. Assist with everything from social media management to in-store display concepts to B2B sales presentations. No one day will be the same. 2-3 days a week, with remote flexibility. PAID!
We are small team of two on the marketing team so you will certainly be a key player in all projects and will be an important asset to our team. Must have: strong writing skills, impeccable organization, ability to take projects and run with them.
Opportunity to attend PRSA and AMA events alongside team members for additional professional development.
2-3 days a week with option for remote work as needed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 19, 2021
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Assist Director of Marketing with a variety of projects including but not limited to:
- Media Relations (from press releases to pitching and editorial content research)
- New product development (copyrighting, package design project management, etc)
- Website and collateral messaging (must be a strong writer!)
- Social media management (content development, community management, reporting)
- Sales team support (competitive research, presentation development)
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited university in a relevant field of study. Business, Marketing, Food Marketing, Agriculture or related majors preferred.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn new software
- Have strong communication skills, including written and verbal
- Must be able to work independently or in teams
- Student extra-curricular experiences
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.