OpenScope Studio is working to solve California’s housing crisis. We’re a small firm that believes everyone deserves a place to live- and we also believe in bringing the value of good design to a wide variety of project types.
We are seeking a junior designer with strong graphic and problem solving skills for an immediate opening. We are looking to find a long-term contributor to our team who can appreciate the potential for career growth at a growing firm.
Much of our current work is housing at a variety of scales, and this includes a number of different typologies (ADUs, co-living, senior housing, multi-family, and single family). We also work on office interiors, retail stores, and the occasional pavilion in the forest.
This is a great position for candidates interested in becoming licensed, we actively work with staff to ensure you are able to do the variety of tasks necessary to complete the IDP experience requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of program and schematic proposals, project layouts and design options in 2D and 3D using Revit.
- Participate in day to day project management using spreadsheets, Asana and other digital tools.
- Assist with the preparation of construction drawings using Revit
- Assist with construction administration both in the field and the office.
- Prepare finish material sample boards and graphic presentations for client approval.
- Permitting projects with City agencies, including meeting with building department officials.
- Applicants must be comfortable with multitasking, the office works on a large number of small projects at once.
- 0-3 years experience in a U.S. architecture office. Recent graduates with internship or other relevant experience will be considered.
- An architectural degree from an accredited school.
- Proficiency with Revit is desired but not required. All drawings in the office are completed in Revit.
- Experience with 3D modeling, graphics and rendering is a plus (e.g. Rhino, SketchUp, Adobe suite etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required
- Professional level of diligence, and evidence that you understand the value of double-checking, proofreading, asking questions, and otherwise paying attention to the job at hand.
- You must be comfortable with a hybrid working environment, we are currently working (mostly) remote but anticipate eventually working in the office in downtown Los Angeles several days a week. Applicants anywhere in California may apply.
- You MUST be legally allowed to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas.
- Sane working hours
- 100% Employer-paid health insurance
- Employer-matched 401k retirement plan with immediate eligibility
- 10 days PTO + sick leave and paid holidays
- Competitive salary
How to Apply
Please email a digital portfolio, resume and cover letter as follows:
Subject Line: Designer Position
Please send us ONE .pdf file with a resume and portfolio sample of your best work. The file should be less than 5MB. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email and tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to work here. We will contact you if we are interested in scheduling an interview. Do not send a link to ISSUU or another online portfolio site in lieu of a PDF.