Who We Are
Tesseract's mission is to democratize healthcare delivery to everyone on a global scale. We are reinventing medical devices to leverage the health information in the human eye and championing a new era of healthcare by creating portable, affordable, easy to use, connected devices for early disease detection and monitoring. Tesseract is well-funded and recently raised a series B round of $80M.
We are part of 4Catalyzer - a rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, an award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur. Our 4Catalyzer sister companies include Butterfly Network, the first whole-body Ultrasound-on-ChipTM, and Hyperfine, the first FDA-cleared portable MRI. We are fostering a culture of technical excellence and positive teamwork to solve real-world problems that help improve healthcare for billions of people around the world.
Joining Tesseract is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Join us on this journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change lives, including the ones of people you love.
What We Live By
- Patients First: We are driven to make products that will improve people's lives.
- Data-Driven: We search for the best solutions: objective, backed by data, and optimized for speed, simplicity and scale.
- Team-Oriented: We collaborate with and support each other every step of the way.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Business/Marketing Intern on the Tesseract team, you will contribute to defining and tracking the exciting development of our first products for imaging the retina and detecting ocular and system conditions through the acquired images. You will help with completing necessary market and user research to better define the hardware and software solutions we are building, and bring them to the market. Moreover, you will help in communicating with the engineering team and writing the documentation required for our regulatory submissions and approvals.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct market research and research industry trends
- Support competitive intelligence activities
- Work closely with business development, product management and clinical teams to create forecasts and business models
- Assist the product management and business development teams with ad hoc projects as needed
What We Are Looking For
Baseline Skills, Experiences, & Attributes:
- Currently registered in an undergraduate business (junior or senior) or MBA program
- Self-motivated, reliable, energetic and able to work independently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interested in finance and entrepreneurship
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced work environment
How We Hire
Introduction to our Recruiter
- The first step in our process will be an introductory call with our Recruiter. This will be an opportunity for you to discuss your experience, what motivates you, what you are looking for in your next opportunity and ask any questions you may have. We will introduce you to Tesseract, who we are and why we're so passionate about what we do! Our Recruiter will be your main point of contact throughout the interview process. They will be available to answer questions, address concerns and ensure you're falling in love with Tesseract every step of the way!
Take-Home Assignment - If Applicable
- Depending on the role you are interviewing for, we may ask you to complete a "take-home assignment" where you will be required to either solve, create, or strategize a problem. This part of the interview process will provide us with insight into how you tackle certain situations and will allow us to evaluate technical proficiencies. Our Recruiter will let you know if and when a take-home assignment may be required during the process.
Meet The Team
- Throughout the interview process, we'll invite you to speak with many of our incredible team members! We believe it's important to provide you with diverse perspectives on the role, our organization and life here at Tesseract. During these conversations, we will have more in depth discussions around your experience, qualifications and role requirements. These conversations will either take place onsite or via video conference as applicable and will be scheduled by your Recruiter.
- This is it! We'd like to introduce you to our remarkable CEO, Vicky Demas! During this conversation, you will hear more about Tesseract, our values and our mission directly from Vicky. This is more of a conversation than an interview, ensuring you feel aligned with our mission and passionate about the work we're doing. You can ask about Tesseract, what she loves about the med-tech world, her career path or what she does on a Saturday morning! Utilize this time to dig deep into Tesseract and get to know the leader of our groundbreaking organization.
- Almost to the finish line! During the interview process, your Recruiter will ask you to prepare references to be contacted after your final meeting. These conversations will allow us to get a better sense of you and how you work best, while providing us with context on your past experience.
- Congratulations! If you have reached this point, we hope you are ready to join us and start revolutionizing the healthcare industry! Your Recruiter will be reaching out to share the great news, review your offer, discuss our benefits package and get you set up for next steps in our onboarding process. We are thrilled to have you on board!
Tesseract does not accept agency resumes.
Tesseract is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.