JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Seasonal hire, selected for achievement and potential in a scientific college curriculum. Each Intern will be placed under the direct supervision of a JT4 mentor, and be provided hands-on participation in ongoing projects to the greatest extend possible. Opportunities include but are not limited to Real Time Programming (C, VxWorks); mathematical algorithm development (MatLab); Object Oriented Developmental programming (in C++ and/or Java), and EE tasking in a variety of applications (mostly radar associated). Tasking is at entry level, to include the following:
- Conducts research and reference reading to assist higher-level engineers in obtaining technical information; keeps informed of currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to engineering specialty.
- Performs fundamental engineering tasks requiring standard techniques such as tolerance studies and design calculations.
- Plans and carries out successive engineering steps and resolves technical problems by standard practices and techniques.
- Supports projects with limited scope or parts of more complex projects with detailed instructions on the intent and scope of the documents to be prepared.
- Studies currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to the engineering specialty.
- Assists in preparation of reports, correspondence, or technical studies.
Performs all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 20 pounds. Constant sitting with routine use of computer terminal. Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents use of speech/hearing abilities for communications. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must have a minimum of Junior Class standing and be enrolled in an accredited Bachelors' Degree program in a scientific discipline suitable for the Internship being offered (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Computer Engineering preferred). GPA standing and course work accomplished will be considered in the selection process. Strong computer skills are desired, including MS Office applications and other COTS packages. Completed course work in EE/Computer Science/Math and any technical job/hobby experience will be considered. For EE Internships, courses in Electromagnetics and Antenna Theory are highly desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified.
SCC: JABO33, A1412TW