Intern- Corporate FP&A
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking an intern for the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) team. This is a pivotal position working with all levels within the company to deliver timely and accurate reporting and analysis of PerkinElmer’s financial performance. The position requires a highly motivated self-starter who is analytical and looking to build interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams within the enterprise.
As a member of the Corporate FP&A team you will be on the forefront of key finance initiatives in the company and get exposure to a wide array of financial responsibilities. This team is responsible for the consolidated company reporting, providing key financial information as well as operational metrics to senior leadership. You will be exposed to all facets of finance and have the opportunity to partner with a wide array of finance members as well as other functional leaders.
- Partner with G&A finance to support the cost management of key corporate functions
- Support the FP&A team with a variety of close related tasks including but not limited to; consolidated company reporting, reporting packages/presentations for leadership
- Support team with ad-hoc initiatives as independent or as part of broader workstream team
- Additional scope available based on business need/candidate fit include digital dashboard development, finance consolidation tool integration work, organic growth reporting simplification, product line profitability modeling
- Must be a junior standing or above, pursuing a major in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Entrepreneurship
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Eager to learn, independent team player
- Interested in working in a fun & friendly atmosphere supporting a life science/bio-tech business
- Strong Analytical skills and detail oriented
- Well-developed problem-solving capabilities are essential
- Excellent written, verbal and visual presentation communication skills are desired
- Prior professional internship experience a plus
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion, or Business Objects a plus