Junior Transportation Engineer
AMT is seeking a Junior Transportation Engineer, with 0-4 years of relevant experience, to join the transportation and land development team in our Richmond, VA office. This position will support a variety of projects which may involve collection of data, existing condition and alternative analysis evaluation for engineering reports, development of horizontal and vertical alignments, performing cross section and super-elevation design, roadside barrier design, ADA curb ramp design, roadway modeling, grading plans, development of site plans, and providing design support for erosion and sediment control plans, stormwater management plans, right-of-way plans, utility relocation plans, permit application drawings, and traffic related plans.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. In addition to supporting projects in their assigned office, the candidate may be involved with other AMT offices and project opportunities.
We provide an Excellent Work / Life Balance and an opportunity to work Remotely or Hybrid (Combination of Office and Remote).
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution;
- Knowledge of State and Federal transportation design standards; VDOT experience a plus;
- Prior internship or work experience on Municipal or State/US Department of Transportation projects preferred; VDOT experience a plus;
- Engineering-in-Training Certification (or ability to obtain in 6-12 months) preferred or can be substituted for a minimum 4 years’ experience as highway designer working on State or Local DOT projects;
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD/Civil3D or Bentley Microstation/InRoads or Open Roads is preferred; latest version of Power Inroads SS4, Connect Edition or Open Roads a plus;
- Knowledge of civil engineering design and construction surveying concepts preferred;
- Use of GIS applications such as ArcGIS or Google Earth a plus;
- Experience with SignCAD, AutoTurn
- Experience with MS Office products including Word and Excel;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, project managers, supervisors, and other team members; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Why Join AMT?
At AMT, we understand that our most valuable asset is our staff. For 65 years, we have worked diligently to build a team of talented employees who fully embody our values as an organization – values such as teamwork, integrity, and innovation. Now that we have transitioned into an employee-owned firm, we are excited to place the future of AMT into nearly 450 sets of dedicated hands.
The AMT Difference
Our company culture is characterized by a workforce that holds the highest standards of ethics and integrity, focused client care, and commitment to AMT's Core Values of safety, respect, integrity, commitment, quality, teamwork. leadership, responsibility, and profitable growth. Operating as an ESOP allows us to reward our dedicated and loyal employees with additional benefits from the company’s stock as well as an incentive to continue building a high-performance ownership culture.
To strengthen and support its employees, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry.
Competitive Benefit Package
To strengthen and support its employees, its greatest asset, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry. With AMT, you will get:
- Tiered medical coverage
- Short- and long-term disability
- College savings plan
- Life insurance
- Paid time off