Principal Software Engineer
Processing big data in real-time is now an operational necessity for many businesses. As the world is becoming more and more connected, the need for real time insights from business data is vital for many use cases, such as real-time fraud detection, fleet management and connected cars, clickstream analysis, real time recommendations, and network/log monitoring. Azure Stream Analytics allows customers to unlock these real-time analytics from their streaming data, enabling such use cases.
On our team, we strive to build lasting relationships, and we make each other better by supporting, mentoring, and empathizing. We strongly believe that diversity and empathy are key to building great teams and crafting visionary products with global appeal. We value a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and work together to create an inclusive environment that supports this.
We are looking for an experienced engineer and technical leader with strong analytical, design and development skills, technical depth, great curiosity, high enthusiasm, integrity, and results oriented. If you have the desire to work collaboratively while solving tough technical problems across stacks and boundaries and have passion for big data processing, we want to hear from you.
As a Principal Engineer in the Azure Stream Analytics runtime team, you will have the opportunity to work on complex distributed system problems while driving improvements and innovation to the core engine that powers stream processing.
You will drive impactful and complex features from inception to launch through design, implementation, and collaboration.
You will drive improvements to the fundamentals of the platform by diving deep into service scalability, resiliency and reliability problems as well as improving COGS.
As a technical leader you will mentor junior engineers on distributed system architecture, design reviews, code reviews and implementation.
- 8+ years of software design, development and architecture experience
- 8+ years of building commercial grade, robust and scalable solutions in C#/C++/Java or any other object-oriented programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 4+ years of internship or 4+ years of industry engineering experienceExperience with Azure/AWS or other cloud computing platforms is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience delivering cloud services on Azure, AWS or GCP
- Building and shipping robust, highly scalable services and distributed systems
- Experience working with streaming technologies link Flink, Kafka, Spark is a plus but is not a must.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies and query language is a plus but is not a must.
Cloud Screening (required for all C+AI Job Descriptions)
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.