It Software Development Intern
JOB TITLE: IT Software Development Intern
REPORTS TO: Jay Birch
LOCATION (on site or remote): Either
INTERNSHIP DATES: 10-12 weeks beginning in June
PREFERRED SCHOOLS: NA
INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW A software developer supporting sprint objectives and features by coding to ticket requirements and direction from senior engineers. Completes tasks in a timely manner following existing workflow and coding standards, documenting where needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and support applications (coding, programming)
- Debug and testing code
- Research, investigate, and fix a wide range of software issues
- Approach problems and create solutions
- Learn new technologies and frameworks
EDUCATION and Knowledge:
- Junior to Graduate Level Students Only (Senior or Graduate Level preferred)
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Working hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5pm (30-minute lunch break)
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Skill, Abilities and Capabilities):
- Experience with various programming languages, PHP is a plus.
- Attention to detail with strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Experience with databases
- Object oriented programming.
- MySQL or other relational databases.