Intern - PCA
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement & Contract Administration Manager, the intern will collaborate and advise project managers when procuring consultants’ or contractors’ services to implement the planning, construction, technology and operations projects and services using public funds. This internship if offered as a one-year part-time position.
This position is distinguished as an entry-level position that requires learning a wide variety of functions. The experience is substantive. Incumbent will be fully integrated into the team and provided project responsibilities for learning and opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the agency. This position enhances the technical knowledge in the procurement and contracts administration area as well as refine the collaborative, contribution to high-performing teams and communication skills essential to the success of a professional environment.
Supervision Received and Exercised
This position reports to and works under the direction of the Procurement & Contract Administration Manager. This position does not exercise supervisory authority.
Normal working conditions for this position are in an office setting. This is not a remote position; functions must be performed onsite.
NCTD is an EEO employer.
Examples of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Handles filing, data entry and recordkeeping tasks using online databases.
- Develops reports and creates contract closeout documentation.
- Partners with consultants to process requests to add personnel or subconsultants.
- Assists in maintaining records used for tracking use of small and disadvantaged businesses.
- Provides team support on a variety of special projects, initiatives, and programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years’ undergraduate level coursework in business, finance, public administration, or related field (Junior or Senior level student)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Project Online.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to conduct a range of administrative support services and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritize and organize workflow to deliver high-quality products within established deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships and deal effectively with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority, and a variety of constituent groups including management, agencies, and vendors.
- Ability to communicate with various audiences using exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks typical of entry-level positions.
- Ability to complete assignments involving researching, analyzing, and synthesizing information into written summaries, reports, or recommendations.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must possess the ability to use the phone and computer for extended periods, manual dexterity to complete clerical functions and work with office equipment and lift equipment up to 25 pounds daily. The employee must be able to hear, see, and communicate verbally to exchange information. The employee may be subject to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals. The employee must be able to walk, climb, balance, bend, carry, push, reach, sit, and stand.
Machines / Tools / Equipment
- Ability to operate a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including a fax and scanner machine, copy machine, and telephone.
- Ability to carry and operate a mobile on-call device.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Location: 810 Mission Avenue,Oceanside,CA, Oceanside, CA 92054
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour