Corporate Finance Underwriting & Portfolio Management - Internship
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too.
Your internship with Ally will move you from Educated to Experienced; connecting you with diverse teams and functions across the company. You will have the opportunity to interact with Ally's leadership and learn from their personal successes. The Ally internship program seeks to guide and mentor students with development opportunities designed to provide a bridge between the academic world and the world of business. You will gain exposure to real time processes that determine commercial credit extension and asset valuation decisions.
The Work Itself
- Work with the Portfolio Management team in the Healthcare lending business within Ally Corporate Finance to help manage a portfolio of commercial loans provided to healthcare facility owners and providers.
- Learn the processes and procedures for evaluating loan performance and compliance.
- Gain exposure to the fundamentals of credit analysis for both commercial real estate and asset-based lending products by helping prepare credit approval memoranda and attending meetings of the Corporate Finance Risk Committee.
- Assist with various other tasks and special projects.
The Skills You Bring
- Demonstrates a background and/or strong interest in the Financial Services industry.
- A rising Junior or Senior in a full-time undergraduate program. (Graduating after May 2022).
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0. Strong candidates will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for the financial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Candidates should reside in a commutable distance from the Ally location to which they are assigned.
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company.
- Internship Dates: May/June - August 5, 2022.
How We'll Have Your Back
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered, if not currently employed by Ally.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.